Speed bill is defended.

Polaków rozmowy na każdy temat, także humor i ciekawostki. Nie wiesz gdzie zacząć? Zacznij swój wątek tutaj.

Pt 24 lut, 2006 11:46

Speed campaigners have welcomed the prosecution of a biker who picked up a £4,500 legal bill.
As reported in last week’s Chronicle, David Harris originally planned to challenge a £250 speeding fine given to him by JPs in Hexham, arguing that laser-guided cameras which snapped him doing 97 mph on a dual carriageway were flawed.
The Crow Prosecution Service responded by consulting experts of their own and flew in an executive from the American company which made the technology, who was expecting to give evidence at last week’s hearing at Newcastle Crown Court.
But after taking further advice, Harris pulled the plug on his appeal and was ordered to pay back full costs – a total of £4,555.88.
A Northumbria Safety Camera Partnership spokesman said: “If people are going to bring frivolous cases like this, try to undermine public confidence in the police’s equipment, allow the public to incur costs, then pull out when the going gets tough, they should have pay the price.”
“It is important to focus on the fact that Mr Harris was excessively speeding, breaking the law and endangering people’s lives. We are happily defending it in court or elsewhere.”

Szkoda, ze u nas w Polsce takich kar nie ma :o)
Slyszalem, ze jak ktos tutaj probuje podwazyc dzialanie jakiegos urzadzenia albo czegos w tym rodzaju i ze moglby zapas wyrok na korzysc tego kogos(bo czesto sosuja tutaj tzw.precedens), to rzad robi wszystko, aby udowodnic, ze koles nie ma racji I jak widac na razie im sie to udaje.

Ikisuru